The Selflock Nut & Bolt Co. was established in 1920 to produce fasteners with a patented vibration resistant thread form. Railroads, including the New York Central, were major customers, which was a deciding factor in the decision to settle at the company’s current location in East Syracuse, NY.
We quickly became a preferred source of screw machine products for local manufacturers and in 1968, the company changed its business status to a corporation and the name to Selflock Screw Products Co.
Our commitment to continually improve our manufacturing capabilities and grow in the central New York area has been demonstrated by our investments in the facilities and equipment. (see our capabilities)
SSP has experienced many changes in the way we do business, the processes we use and the investment in equipment and people than at any time in the company’s history. We have seen a building addition, the purchase of our Hydromat, a CNC Swiss style screw machine, a Nakamura 6 axis CNC lathe, and a small CNC vertical-machining center for secondary operation work. Our computers and the software needed to monitor the operations of the plant have been upgraded. CAD software has been acquired and we are in the process of investigating a method of real time communication and monitoring of our production equipment.
Investment in equipment is vital to the future of any company, however without qualified people to operate that equipment, expectations for the future will only be a dream. That is why we continually provide formal training for all personnel in Communications, Team Building and Self Directed Work Teams.